The Leica BLK2GO is a wireless handheld imaging laser scanner that seamlessly captures 3D environments while the user is in motion, and continuously creates a digital representation of reality in the form of 3D point clouds.
The Leica BLK2GO’s compact and handheld design allows a much greater degree of mobility, as well as access to spaces and objects that may have been difficult or impossible to scan before. With simple, one-button operation and a lightweight design, it is easy to use for professional and casual users alike.
Handheld Imaging Laser Scanner
The Leica BLK2GO handheld imaging laser scanner recreates spaces in 3D as you move. It captures images and dimensionally accurate point clouds in real-time using Simultaneous Localisation And Mapping [SLAM] technology and visual inertial navigation to accurately record your trajectory through space.
- Fast – Scan as you go with no interruptions. Digital reality capture of the space around you happens in real time as you move through it.
- Agile – Scan over and under objects, through rooms and doorways, around corners, and up and down stairwells. Using SLAM spatial awareness technology, BLK2GO knows where it is and where it has been in space.
- On the Go – Wireless and lightweight, designed to capture reality on the move, anywhere you go.
- Seamless Capture – Like a torch for visualizing three-dimensional reality, the Leica BLK2GO automatically builds 3D point clouds while in motion. From the moment you begin a scan session until the moment you turn off the BLK2GO, all imagery and 3D data are combined.
- Unbound – No tripod. Onboard data collection. Continuous scanning on rechargeable battery power.
Leica BLK2GO – Harnessing The Latest Technology
Dual Axis Lidar Dome
The smallest dual axis LiDAR available with best-in-class accuracy, enclosed in a fully protected and encapsulated dome that scans up to 700,000 points per second. Both axes constantly spin while scanning.
Multicamera Vision System
The Leica BLK2GO’s vision system is a 12 megapixel detail camera for brilliant high-contrast imagery plus three panoramic cameras for visual navigation via SLAM, point cloud colorization, and capture of panoramic imagery.
The GRANDSLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) is a combination of high-speed dual axis LiDAR, multicamera vision system, and an inertial measurement unit that makes the BLK2GO self-navigating.
Lightweight Aluminum Construction
Weighing in 775 grams (1.7 lbs.) with battery, the BLK2GO’s matte-finish aluminum construction allows for excellent dexterity and freedom of movement.
The Smart Handle
The BLK2GO’s handle contains WLAN connectivity, a rechargeable battery capable of 45 minutes of continuous scanning, data storage for six hours of scans, a USB-C port for fast data transfer, and edge computing.
The multicolored and multi-segmented lightguide that encircles the BLK2GO is simple, intuitive, and communicative to users of all skill levels. It provides user guidance while scanning and communicates the device status and data quality.