The TopoDrone 4Scight is the world’s first true accurate mapping VTOL drone, with the advantages and photogrammetric accuracies developed by DroneMetrex and Sci Aero.
The new multi-rotor accurate mapping drone is completely different from all the other systems on the market. In our case we are talking about a genuine photogrammetric system which captures and processes aerial data with unparalleled mapping accuracy: 20mm horizontal and better than 25mm in height.
The TopoDrone 4Sight uses full-frame digital technology, highest quality lens, revolutionary Dynamic-stabilised Platform, and DMX-FMS (Flight Management System).
The TopoDrone 4Scight goes with our PPK Direct Georeferencing Solution for mapping without ground control points – high accuracy L1/L2/L5/GLONASS/COMPASS(BeiDou-2.
DroneMetrex has developed Direct Georeferencing Solution which uses L1/L2/L5/GLONASS/COMPASS(BeiDou-2) on board of a TopoDrone, synchronised to the nano-second of the camera shutter.
The accurate synchronisation is very important to achieve required mapping accuracies. Differential GPS post-processing is then used to obtain the accurate camera positions which are then used in the photogrammetric aerial triangulation. It significantly improves the level of accuracy for larger projects. It also significantly reduces the computer computational time for the final photogrammetric aerial triangulation.
A bit more clarity:
For the one flight, over an area with many GCP’s, the final accuracy of the mapping will be the same whether one uses DGS or simply uses the many GCP’s. But when
• larger areas are mapped (which may require several flight sorties to cover the full area of mapping)
• and/or when ground survey control needs to be reduced to only one or two points:
• and/or when the terrain to be mapped is more “challenging” for the type of coverage and therefore the pixel matching (such as dense forests, coastal mapping, etc
in all such cases the DGS significantly improves mapping accuracy, processing time reduction, and quality of photogrammetric mapping.
– Specifically designed for high accurate photogrammetric mapping
– Autonomous (self determining) flight mode
– Launch and land regardless of terrain
– Rapid data acquisition: flight and capture of detailed georeferenced imagery requiring only 2 hours on-site
– Safe & reliable
– Minor on-site intrusion
– Wide range of flying conditions: can fly under clouds and in strong winds
• the TopoDrone 4Scight system (includes mapping drone, Mission Planning & Flight Control software (DMX-MPFC) , Gyro- stabilized Active Mount (DMX-GAM) for the camera, 20Mp sensor camera modified for DMX-MPFC control, Transport case, remote control unit, 4 batteries, battery charger, Manuals)
• Integrated DGS with PPK
• Integrated 20Mp camera on dynamic stabilised active mount
• DMX Mission Planner – For photogrammetric mission pre-flight planning
• DMX Flight Control – For flight control of the UAV for photogrammetric mission flights; it will enable mapping and/or inspection.
• DMX PPK Direct Georeferencing Solution
• Thermal camera
• HD video
Software options for post-processing:
• Agisoft Photoscan Pro
• Pix4D Mapper
The design of the 4Scight frame is unique and patent-pending.
The vented ducts for the rotors provide 20% more efficiency – and protection for the blades – and protection for humans
The design folds easily for transport.
The dynamic stabilised active mounts incorporate the sensors
The construction material is non-conductive – no electricity “shorting”
The Direct Georeferencing Solution (DGS) is integrated with the camera pulse synchronisation
Ducted Electric Quadrotor
Take-off Weight: 2.5 – 3 kg
Cruise speeds: 5 – 10 m/s
Endurance: 15 – 20 minutes
Smart Batteries < 100Wh for airline carry-on 1GHz Linux processor and digital datalink Wind tolerance: up to 20 knots Flight Dimensions: 64 x 56 x 25 cm Case Dimensions: 72 x 50 x 32 cm Time to deploy: < 1 min DSLR Surveying Payload Actively stabilized 2-axis brushless gimbal 20.1MP Exmor™ APS-C HD CMOS sensor Maximum area coverage per flight: with 2.5cm GSD: up to 60Ha; with 1.5cm GSD: up to 30Ha; Mapping positional accuracy: 2cm in XY and 2,5cm in Z; Ground Station Case Dimensions Pre-flight Mission Planning Software Define GSD & image overlap Visualize coverage and flight path Estimate flight times per mission Post-flight Data Management Software PPK GPS corrections Direct georeferencing Image syncing & tagging Pix4Scight Mapping Software Powered by Pix4D Mapper Pro